Sunday, July 31, 2011

Quotes from What I believe is a Good Book

Some recent conversations at some blogs both intriques me, confirms some things and discourages me about the state of conversations on the Web.

I know the observations of some cultural observers who cite the deepening of the autonomy of the self descriptor idea of how people act and for me it certainly comes into focus with the increasing bitterness of the attacks of some against traditional Christian ideas. I am not surprised by it rather sad about the passing of respectful conversation in theology, politics, ....

The autonomy of the self at its heart proclaims the wisdom of the individual to decide upon what is true and have little respect for what has gone on before.

This statement that I decide what is true is combined with a disdain for the idea that some might know things beyond their field of specialization.

This is said to the end that I am going to provide what I believe to be very good material from a very good book on Physics and Proofs for the existence of God.

I simply ask the reader of these quotes to judge the evidence provided.

This is not a personal attack but a statement. The atheists demand that we follow the evidence. I am providing evidence for them to follow. Not the whole book. I don't have the time to do that. But quotes that I think should be thought provoking.

Those who would say non-physicists cannot comment on physics are being in the end intellectually arrogant. If the quotes are wrong then show me.

No comments: